“O you who possess Eemaan (faith), save yourselves and your families from the Fire.” [Sooratut-Tahreem (66): 6]

“…Flee unto Allah…” [Surah Ath-Thaariyaat 51:50]


fredag 24. juni 2011

Ramadan preparations 2, Rajab

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah,

Scheduling, mind preparation and more

Less than forthy days left for ramadan, subhan Allah. Even though I have started planning early this year I still feel like I, and I do have, got a lot to do and prepare. I have started making schedules for the planning to be easy to stick to insha Allah.
  1. For the kids activities, a thirty day schedule which also includes the last days of shabaan for pre-ramadan activities. One theme for activities each day and they will also insha Allah learn one thing about our prophet sallahu alaeihi wa sallam each day. I got the idea from here ,but for now I have just put it in a regular table and Im not done.
  2. Weekly schedule which includes Quran memorization for the kids, time spent outdoors (when, how and where), meal preparations (I plan which days Im going to be cooking insha Allah, so I dont have to cook every day) and househould duties for the week (regarding household duties I plan to do all "big" stuff before ramadan,  so I dont have to f.ex clean the fridge or arrange the closets in ramadan)
  3. Started to arrange meal planners. We are not crazy about food in ramadan and the planning is not to exaggerate regarding it, but for practical reasons (like not to have to cook everyday and to make sure we eat healthy, I plan outside ramadan as well, alhamdulillah) I printed from here.
  4. Personal goals for ibadah in ramadan, including Quran. For this I use the mothers ramadan organizer. Everything else is to be put in there too.

    Mind preparation, audio, reading
    I want to start to make a selection of audio for ramadan soon. Im thinking mostly khutbas and short lessons, then I can listen to lectures while cooking/ironing or folding or other houshould duties which keeps me in the same place for a little while, and still its not too long time for the kids to play by themselves or do an activitity independently as normal insha Allah. Within ramadan it is Quran that will be the main priority whenever there are possibilities for reading insha Allah.

    Pre ramadan I have started hearing some doroos to prepare my heart and mind and I recently got the book of ibn ul Qayim rahimu Allah called the invocation of God in english (its a part of the book called awabil asayib in arabic) I hope to read it before ramadan insha Allah, it sure seems like a great book masha Allah.
Arts and Crafts, down to ten

So I have come down to ten, and of these I will eventually choose four-five, get the necessary items and prepare them and print/write down instructions within shabaan insha Allah.

Date tree (with video!)

Moonsighters

Felt masjid

Wall picture for baby Romaysa

Masjid craft with shahada inside

Sadaqa box
Eid decoration

Dates from tree to table

Good deed tree

Ramadan lantern / small lantern mobile
Games and books for ramadan

This is the list until now

Games: sadaqa charity shop, ramadan board game, box of manners, what to say when


Reading books: welcome ramadan, A visit to Medina, An extraordinary experience, The jolly jamaat, prophet Muhammad (saaw), when ramadan comes, lets celebrate eid


Coloring and activity books: Seerah mazes, Prophet Muhammed coloring book - also with ahadith, my islamic coloring book

Pre ramadan activities, last days of shabaan
For the last days of shabaan this is our plan:
Day
Subject
28
Make a ramadan lap book (inspired by this one)
29
Color this homemade  Ramadan coloringbook, explain
30
Make a ramadan craft, maybe moonsighters


And yes, we will be making a ramadan bulletin board insha Allah, Im really looking forward to that! Our sisters at IBB has shared some perfect resources for this here masha Allah.

5 kommentarer:

Umm Maimoonah sa...

Assalaamu Alaikum Ukhtee,

Masha Allaah, you are way ahead in planning. I have not even thought about it yet : ) Well by the way just to let you know if time permits Insha Allaah Sis Umm An Nu'man will put out an activity book for the whole of Ramadhaan, this is only if her schedules permit Insha Allaah. So please do make dua that she does this and it will make it very easy for all of us Insha Allaah!

I am actually blank at the moment, but will soon set up a plan Insha Allaah for Maimoonah! I may copy some of your ideas : )

Barakallaah Feekum

Umm Umamah sa...

Assalamo alaikum Ukhti, mashallah I haven't been able to go through your whole post yet but wabted to jump and say Jazakallaho khairun for introducing me to the Muslim Kids craft videos... Mashallah!I will be spending the coming weeks in our planning too Inshallah! Will link back to you when I am done Beidhnillah,

Anonym sa...

Umm Adam said: (still got problems commenting my own blog, subhan Allah)

Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Jazak Allah khairan sisters :)

Im very exited about the activity book and will insha Allah make dua that sister Umm An`numan will get it done, I know it will be great insha Allah!

Really looking forward to read your plans sisters, insha Allah.

And sis Umm Umamah, yes,the muslim kids tv are so nice masha Allah! I actually got their link first time through tj ramadan sister :)

Allahumma barik lana fi Rajab, wa barik lana fi Sha'ban wa ballighna Ramadan

Umm Suhailah sa...

Bismillaah

As Salaamu Alaikum

Oh my!!! Mashaa'Allaah that is very organized. I have no clue how to begin lol. I guess I will take one of these weekends and get to it :) Inshaa'Allaah. Thanks for including the links to where your getting your ideas/info from!! Very helpful Baraka'Allaahu'Feekum

Umm Adam sa...

Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullahi sister Umm Suhaila,

Wa iyaak, you are most welcome dear sis, will be great to see how you and the girls will be spending ramadan insha Allah :) Jazak Allah khair

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...