“O you who possess Eemaan (faith), save yourselves and your families from the Fire.” [Sooratut-Tahreem (66): 6]

“…Flee unto Allah…” [Surah Ath-Thaariyaat 51:50]


onsdag 22. juni 2011

Summary week 16, Allah gave me a family

Bismillah
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
This week we talked about the blessing it is to have a family. The kids learned more about who that is our family on how we are related. This was the first time they really understood that their aunties and uncles really are ummi and babas sisters and brothers, just like they themselves are sister and brother. And they were like: okey, you are sisters/brothers but you live different places? And we explained how we spent childhood together with our parents and siblings before we married and now we are having our own family as well, subhan Allah. Time passes by so fast.



They did the mini work book, some of it they needed a bit help with as there were some writing this time, but they enjoyed both the help and the activity. I cut the puzzle and they did it looking at the pictures.


Also one of the acitivities were to write a letter to family who lives far away. We choosed to write imaginery letters in the workbook and I asked who they wanted to write. Adam chose his auntie and I wrote and he told what he wanted me to write, he became like this: For auntie Naoual. I have made a puzzle. I do have crayons. How are you? From Adam


Roqaya only wanted to write for Abu Adam, as he was travelling at the moment, so she did write this: For Baba, Im sending a letter. I love Baba. From Roqaya. Masha Allah. She dont like for him to travel lately, even though she is used to it since as long as she can remember.

I catched the letters on my phone and sent them for my sister in law and for Abu Adam and the kids were so happy when they called and thanked them for the letters. Insha Allah we will send some cards through mail soon.

They learned Allahs names Ajabbar and At tawab

We made this family tree together of our closest family. They painted the tree and we painted the apples together and I wrote the names. They showed a lot of interest in everyones "real" names, what is jeddihs real name, and grandma and so they went on..


I also asked them the questions and made this personal trees for them from here. Regarding the interesting story Roqaya did not know what to tell about herself but finally she said: I fell and hurt myself outside when I walked and ran with my feet (feet, not legs) *smile*

Montessori

A couple of weeks ago I finally clicked on some links to learn more about montessori. I have seen many places sisters talking about montessori and they are doing montessori activities with their children but I never got into it before to understand what that really meant. And after doing some reading I just have to say it seems very nice and like a good approach with children! I really like this thinking of how to act with your child to help him develop himself.

I realized that some things we were already doing was fitting to be called montessori acitivity, and I also tried prestenting some activitites from here with the children. They spent a lot of time with them the whole week masha Allah. Especially getting to do activities with water was attractive to them, but also spooning and getting to use tweezers.
I was trying to get in aqeeda and some other material on my plan but this kept them very busy and happy and they have been enjoying it a lot, its truly a blessing of home education to be able to adjust after the kids alhamdulillah, and I will just try to read with them aqeeda another day when they show interest. Im learning more about this method and we will be using activities like the ones on the link above insha Allah. Maybe I even get some pics for next week, insha Allah.

They did a few worksheets, here are some of them, they did worksheets on math and number recognition, pencil control, norwegian and arabic

  

Roqaya has had a nice progress regarding the arabic alphabet masha Allah and she recognizes most letters know.

We read madina arabic together (I read to them and explain the meaning and we ask eachother suitable questions in arabic) and try to implement it in our everyday speech as well.

And we did MEP math chapter 10, learning about f.ex about counting ziro, over, under, in front of, behind e.t.c

My intention was to introduce the prophets Ilyas and al yasa a.s this week but they wished to talk about Ibrahim and Ismail a.s and some more of the other prophets instead, so we revised a bit and we will continue next week insha Allah.

Adam finished surah al masad, Roqaya will soon insha Allah. And we read the last three asawar ( al ihklas, al falaq and annaas) which they knew earlier on but they need to correct pronounciation (Adam) and improve a bit, especially with surah al falaq. They read surah al falaq fine together with me but not by themselves. I thought they knew it since they read it with me everyday before sleeping, but they didnt make it all correct when I gave them a small test, we will work on it.

We have also spent time outdoors at our playground, some more nice weather came around.
And we have decided to visit our families who lives in two different cities in other parts of the country in shabaan. We will travel for two weeks insha Allah, one week at each place. So then we have to pause the curriculum from then and to after ramadan insha Allah. And we will be swithing some themes as well, so dont get confused when some weeks seems to miss, we are getting to it insha Allah. I just want to do the vehicle theme and the clothes theme right before we leave, and we have to go back and do the healthy body theme when we start up again insha Allah.

4 kommentarer:

Umm Maimoonah sa...

Assalaamu Alaikum
Masha Allaah very nice. Maimoonah went through and said "Ummi, we did not do this book", meaning the mini book :) I had to tell her we will do it later Insha Allaah. : ) I am glad you found the Montessori method interesting masha Allaah. Hope you will have a nice time with your families Insha Allaah.Maimoonah just loves your Roqaiya, she says she wants to hug her: )

Umm An-Nu'man sa...

Assalamu alaikum

Masha'Allaah dear sis! I hope that your little ones enjoyed this week. From the swing on the wheel it appears that it was fun *smile*.

I noticed now that you are close to needing book 18. Insha'Allaah, I will do my best to do both books 22 and 18 simultaneously as much as possible so that you have the book you need when needed.

Is it possible that you can email me (email: ummannuman@yahoo.ca) and tell me the approximate ages of your children b/c I notice that you mentioned that some of the activities are above their developmental stage so I'd like to do book 18 with a mixture for your children's ages and above insha'Allaah.

Jazakiallaahu khayr dear sis *smile*

Anonym sa...

Umm Adam said:

Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullah sis Umm Maimoonah, Jazak Allah khair, I hope this vacation will go smoothly, the kids have a tendencie to freak out a bit when we travel and being "all around" *smile*, khair insha Allah. lol, Roqaya would love a hug fra Maimoonah. I told her about it and she said: I want to hug her too! :)

Sis Umm An-Nu man, Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullah, Yes, alhamdulillah, we had a lot of fun:) wish I had som pics of them doing montessori activities, they were SO busy *smile*
I will send you an email today insha Allah, in case you read this first, Adam did just turn 4 and Roqaya will be 3 in shawwal insha Allah. Jazak Allah khair for all your efforts uhktee, I deeply appreciated it and we benefit a lot from your works bifadlillah :)

Umm An-Nu'man sa...

Assalamu alaikum wa rahamtullaah,

Jazakillaahu khayr ya Ukht Umm Adam and alhamdulillaah I received your email, barak Allaahu feki *smile*. Insha'Allaah, I will post book 18 (Allah Gives Me Clothes) tonight or tomorrow.

take care dear sis and again, jazakillaahu khayr

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...